Deloitte Sustainability Senior in Wilmington, Delaware
At Deloitte, our Sustainability & KPI Services Team combines CPAs with specialists in sustainability assurance, risk, measurement, and reporting. The Sustainability team provides advisory and assurance services for clients on a broad range of aspects for clients who plan to or are already disclosing against established sustainability reporting standards or frameworks such as the GHG Protocol, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate- Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), CDP, and the International Integrated Reporting Council Integrated Reporting Framework. Our team includes specialists who bring industry-specific sustainability perspectives. These include understanding evolving ESG trends and market forces, why certain sustainability metrics are important from both a financial and risk perspective, and experience in advising companies as they establish and improve internal processes for collecting, analyzing, measuring, and reporting information.
Work you'll do
As a Sustainability Senior Associate, you will gather, analyze and distribute information regarding developments in sustainability to our clients and our practice. Other responsibilities would include:
• Lead or support the delivery of projects for clients with a focus on:
o Performing research, stakeholder engagement, and analysis as part of materiality assessments and ESG risk and opportunity analyses
o Performing sustainability-related assurance procedures such as evaluating and testing processes and related controls
o Support corporate reporting in line with recognized ESG standards and frameworks such as GHG Protocol, TCFD, GRI, SASB, CDP, PRI, and WEF-IBC
• Participate in client meetings and assist in preparation of reports
• Identify opportunities for value creation based on deep understanding of client challenges and an independent point of view
• Manage client relationships and provide industry insight and experience in the domains of sustainability and social development
• Develop strategy for lead identification and identification of markets/industries where practice capabilities can be applied
• Work independently to drive a client pitch end-to-end and developing relevant materials
Travel up to 30% (While 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our audit professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
• Undergraduate degree in Public Policy, Sustainability, Climate Change, Risk Management, Engineering, Energy, Accounting or a related environmental or business discipline
• 3-5 Years of experience in consulting or similar industry
• Experience with assurance activities including internal and/or operational audit
• Deep understanding of ESG-related standards and frameworks including GHG Protocol, SASB, GRI, and TCFD.
• Sustainability certification (e.g., GRI or SASB's Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting credential a plus) or certified public accountant (CPA) with relevant sustainability experience
• Familiarity with ESG ratings (e.g., MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, S&P)
• Familiarity or experience in any of the following fields is preferred: circular economy, sustainability target setting, carbon accounting, sustainable finance, ESG due diligence, climate scenario analysis, and / or ESG governance.
• Sound understanding of corporate sustainability risks across various industry sectors
• Comfort with combining both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver commitments on time and budget
• Experience applying standards, procedures, and processes to implement management system and/or regulatory requirements
• Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience working independently on multiple assignments or engagements, even in a virtual environment
• Experience with project management support including budget analysis, status reporting, and issue management preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.