Deloitte Sr. Vulnerability Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you looking for an enriching experience to build your career and brand? If you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients instead of a “back office programmer” position then Deloitte’s Government and Public Service Cyber Risk team could be the place for you! Join our team of Cyber Risk professionals who collaborate with government agencies, IT professionals, and clients to support cyber security and risk consulting engagements.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Solution Consultant, Vulnerability Engineer, within our USDC Cyber Risk team, you will: Develop information security architecture and ensuring technology initiatives and implementations to make our client’s cloud environments more secure. The Vulnerability Management Engineer is accountable for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security controls and procedures.
• Work closely with enterprise architects and engineers to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud-based security offerings.
• Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives.
• Identify appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
• Communicate threat intelligence and vulnerability management options
• Analyzing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
• Employs tools such as TrendMicro End Point protection and Tenable Nessus scanning
• The ideal candidate must have strong foundation across vulnerability management and endpoint security offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Government and Public Service practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Government and Public Service practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Government and Public Service Cyber Risk team is client focused and mission driven. Our team works across industries and sectors to respond more rapidly and effectively, providing recommendations to improve cyber threat detection.
• Experience developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects
• Experience standardizing AWS/Azure Security best practices, processes, and procedures
• Experience designing and integrating marketplace leading vulnerability management, threat management, monitoring, and data protection processes and platform tools
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Category: Cyber Risk
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.