Deloitte Investment Management & Real Estate-Technology Strategy Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Investment Management & Real Estate-Technology Strategy Manager
Work you’ll do
We help clients unlock business agility and sustainable value through technology. We reimagine the technology business relationship by architecting future business and technology strategies, operating models, platforms, ecosystems, and capabilities into integrated business solutions. We orchestrate the breadth of Deloitte to co-create business value across the C-suite and to the board.
A Manager at Deloitte will manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology solutions to solve our client’s most complex business challenges. Key responsibilities will include:
• Educate clients on the latest technology trends and implications for their business
• Design actionable strategies and roadmaps that clients can utilize to deliver business value
• Develop financial models depicting both the financial obligation and future value of future technology implementations
• Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
• Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
• Manage full life cycle implementations.
• Develop statements of work and/or client proposals.
• Identify business opportunities to increase usability and profitability
• Interact with program leadership, governance, and change enablement teams.
• Develop and manage vendor relationships
• Design and facilitate client workshops
• Manage resources and budget on client projects
Our Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities that will allow us to design integrated programs that transform our clients’ businesses, including corporate & business unit strategy, enterprise model design, and technology strategy.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win, in order to drive growth and enterprise value.
Technology Strategy Managers will help our clients to:
• Identify strategies for growth and value creation
• Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, capabilities, and platforms to support their strategic vision
• Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage trends to architect future business strategies
6 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
4 years of experience in the investment management or real estate industry
At least 4 years of experience managing large technology engagements (min. of 2 full life cycle implementations
Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
Exhibit a passion for technology and have a thirst to continually learn and keep pace with the accelerating change across multiple technologies and solutions
Must have participated in one or more projects involving:
IT Outsourcing Advisory
Digital Transformation Architecture Blueprinting and Roadmaps
Digital Technology Spend Optimization
Current State IT Capability Assessment
Future State IT Capability Design
IT Transformation Roadmap Development
IT Service Management Assessment
Data Management Strategy and Architecture
IT Process and Tool Deployment
IT Cost Optimization and Effectiveness
IT Service Delivery and Outsourcing Assessment
IT Governance, Operating Model, and Delivery Model Assessment
IT Financial Management Analysis (e.g. dashboards, charge-back models)
Solutions: Experience working with cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS/BPaaS), digital, and analytics solutions
Process Frameworks: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ISO 20000, COBiT
ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff
• An advanced degree in the area of specialization (MBA Preferred)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.