Deloitte Python Microservice Engineer in Tampa, Florida
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you'll do
MissionStax is Deloitte's microservice approach to rapidly delivering modular and scalable software applications that meet critical mission needs. MissionStax operates at the intersection of proven commercial technologies and critical government missions. We are looking for an experienced Back-end Engineer to work with a team of world-class developers. The Back-end Web Developer will write code and build application programming interfaces (APIs) to deliver amazing web applications for public sector clients.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
• 3+ years of Python experience developing web applications
• Demonstrated expertise in a Python web framework, such as Flask or Django
• An understanding of what makes an awesome RESTful API
• Experience building re-useable, modular components in a microservice architectures
• Experience with event streaming architectures, such as Apache Kafka
• Creativity and innovation - desire to learn and apply new technologies, products, and libraries
• Strong knowledge of best practices - ability to write code that consistently passes manual and automated reviews
• Willingness to collaborate with distributed teams
• Comfortable with code versioning tools such as Git
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB
• Familiarity with Kubernetes and container-based environments
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.