Deloitte Data Scientist in St. Louis, Missouri
Analytics & Cognitive -Data Scientist -Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• Strong understanding of data science techniques and libraries and their applicability to business problems
• Experience in performing exploratory data analysis to define analytical models
Develop advanced quantitative models using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessments
Provide expertise for analytical, programmatic, strategic, and operational analysis.
Perform technical risk analysis and reliability assessments.
Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies and budgets
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
• Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
• Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
• Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
Bachelors (or Masters) level qualification in Statistics/Technology/Science/Engineering/Applied Mathematics or a similar quantitate analytics field
Has experience in developing algorithms using data science technologies to build analytical models
2+ years' of data extraction/manipulation using scripts specific to Python, R
Experience with python and/or R programming
2+ years of experience with presentation and data analysis software such as: SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, Qlikview, Excel and Access +python
Modeling expertise using a variety of regression and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques
Experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming
Travel up to 10% annually.
Must be willing to live and work in one of our Center locations:
Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix area)
Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg area)
Lake Mary, FL (Orlando area)
• PhD in a quantitative analytics field
• Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tool
• Business analytics experience in one or more of the following industries: Insurance, Consumer Products and Packaged Goods, and Human Resources
• Experience conducting Modeling and Simulation Analysis, DoD Science and Technology (S&T) Analysis, Program Analysis and Evaluation, C4/IT and Cyber Analysis, Manpower Analysis, Training and Education Analysis, DoD Logistics, Maintenance, and Supply Analysis, Naval Amphibious Shipping Analysis, Strategic Plans Analysis, Strategic Investment Analysis, Cost and Economic Modeling and Analysis, Operations Research Analysis, Readiness Analysis, Force Preservation Analysis
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.