Deloitte Lead Immersive Engineer, HoloLens in Silver Spring, Maryland
We are looking for the next generation of innovators and dreamers to join our Digital Reality (DxR) team helping our clients imagine a future of augmented experiences, virtual worlds and mixed reality applications. The DxR team is composed of designers, developers, producers, and business managers-all working together to conceptualize and build out experiences that enable audiences to explore, learn, and access information through immersive platforms such as AR, MR, VR, and games. If you are passionate about the growing landscape of immersive technologies and experiences, love working with creative and driven teams, and are dedicated to serving clients through thought leadership and delivery of excellence please join us in our journey!
Lead Immersive Engineer, HoloLens
You'll play an integral role within our fast-paced interdisciplinary team to design cutting-edge Mixed Reality applications on HoloLens. Working in a highly complex technical environment combining 5G, Mobile Edge Compute, and Extended Reality (XR) with a diverse team of experts. You will be responsible for the integration of multiple systems and technologies to deliver easy-to-use applications.
What you'll do
• Work with client and project teams as the XR technical delivery lead through all phases (discovery & design, prototype development, and full build & test to production deployment).
• Lead a team comprised of XR engineers, Unity engineers, and other partners.
• Work collaboratively with other team leads focused on 5G and MEC capabilities that power the XR end-user applications.
• Work within an Agile methodology, implementing rapid prototypes and iterative builds throughout the design and development process.
What you have
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science or related field
• 4+ years of Microsoft HoloLens application development experience (MRTK, UWP, Cross-platform Windows 10)
• 5+ years of full stack development experience in a Microsoft environment (C#, .net, Microservice, webservice)
• 2+ years of cloud computing experience (Azure or AWS or GCP)
• 2+ years of experience working in Unity and/or Unreal engines
• Experience with Agile and DevSecOps processes and best practices
• Familiarity with Human Centered Design processes and best practices
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and ability to facilitate and lead teams
• Ability to travel to client site for testing and deployment
• 5G and Mobile Edge Compute exposure or experience
• Consulting or product development experience, ideally in DOD projects
• Familiarity with other XR technologies (ARCore, ARKit, Vuforia)
• Deployment / configuration of 3rd party applications in Hololens (MS Guides, Taqtile Manifest, etc.)
• Experience in IoT technology or integration of IoT data within a client application
• Willingness to relocate to the Washington DC or Austin metro areas