Deloitte Oracle Applications DBA SSS - Location Open in Seattle, Washington
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Oracle O&M Apps DBA you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• 8+ years' experience working as an Oracle Apps DBA preferably in technical environment involving 10+ TB of data
• 8+ years' experience in Oracle database and SQL administration in the areas of backup/recovery, upgrades/patches, performance tuning, and meta management
• 3 years of data modeling experience using Erwin data modeling tool
• 3 years of extensive PL/SQL coding experience
• Experience working with Oracle Dataguard
• Experience working with Oracle Goldengate
• Good RDS experience for SQL and Oracle
• Provisioning and management of RDS instances in AWS (Oracle, SQL servers)
• Good understanding of AWS cloud services (S3, security groups and EC2)
• Work with the Deloitte team to implement, maintain, and enhance its enterprise-level data architecture using Oracle 19C
• Work as part of a team comprised of a project manager, business analysts, and other members of the technical staff to use test-driven development techniques to develop and implement DBA processes to support sequencing and analysis efforts.
• Work with Business Analysts to understand requirements. Design and develop sustainable data models to support those requirements. Create technical design documents. React to and correct day-to-day operational errors.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes
• Monitor system's health and performance
• Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security on database instances.
• Read, write, and maintain PL/SQL stored procedures.
• Use defined business process and data from tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to identify and correct performance problems.
• Creating and monitoring Oracle's (Service Request) SR escalation process
• Managing and maintaining multiple RDBMS instances
• Assessing infrastructure and hosting requirements and recommending enhancements
• Monitoring system availability and responding to unplanned events
• Executing the processes and activities for solution backup, recovery, refresh/cloning, performance tuning, and security (physical and data)
• Installing and verifying Oracle application, security and system patches databases on a quarterly basis.
• Supporting and performing capacity planning, Disaster Recovery, testing etc.
• Performing software application and database upgrades; cloning; patching; monitoring and tuning the Production and Non-Production environments.
• Troubleshooting advanced functional, technical and integration issues
• Analytical skill to gather and establish data requirements based on analysis of current systems, client operations and applications
• Communication skill to work with client, business users and team members
• Work independently once guidance and goals are provided and be a team player
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Oracle Offering has industry-leading experiences across Oracle products and solutions. We bring value to our clients through understanding the intersection of the business and technology, while bringing our clients industry specific preconfigured solutions to accelerate delivery and return on their investments. We're recognized as thought leaders in industry and as a Global Cloud Elite partner. Our clients affirm our position by sharing their stories of success in partnering with Deloitte and the Oracle practice.
US Citizenship required
Public Trust Clearance required
Ability to apply patches and clone environments is required
Experience administering Oracle Identity and Access Manager (IAM) for Single Sign-On (SSO)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
Travel up to 10% annually
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Must be willing to live and work in the Lake Mary, FL; Gilbert, AZ; or Mechanicsburg, PA area.*Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.