Deloitte Internal Audit - Business Process & Controls Manager in San Jose, California
A truly effective internal auditing capability is an essential dimension of any organization's risk management structure. Deloitte Advisory Internal Audit aspires to be the leading practice who helps our clients transform Internal Audit to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
Work you'll do
• Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
• Perform internal audit assurance activities (internal audits over financial, operational, compliance, IT, SOX and QARs), consult with engagement leadership and clients on strategic plans and other business matters, and help to anticipate emerging risks for our clients
• Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
• Apply a general knowledge of the technologies used to build complex IT environments
• Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and implement products and services
• Support client engagements by helping plan the audit approach and scope, preparing the audit program, determining auditing procedures, seeing the audit process through completion, and applying internal audit standards in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors
• Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
• Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients, by providing high quality deliverables and communications
• Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flows, and other supporting work papers.
• Play a substantive role with project management by supporting engagement planning, economics, billing and staffing; providing regular status reports for the client, while supervising junior staff
• Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and adhere to the code of ethics while on engagements
Our team helps clients turn insight into foresight by exploiting technology-enabled methodologies and innovation to deliver results with more accuracy, efficiency and value. Advising clients on process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control and regulatory compliance, we help to reveal greater insights for improved operations and decision-making today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Internal Audit practice.
• Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field)
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Certification as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP preferred
• Experience working in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to state complex issues simply
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.