Deloitte Consultant - Financial Services Industries Tax - Global Information Reporting in San Jose, California
Are you a strategic and creative tax professional who would like to work on international tax regimes contributing to global tax transparency? Would you like to understand financial services and products across an array of industries (banking, asset management, hedge funds, insurance) and how complex withholding tax rules apply domestically and internationally? Do you enjoy being part of a team that coordinates efforts in numerous countries?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice!
Work You'll Do
As a Tax Consultant within the Global Information Reporting practice, you will be part of a diverse team that is currently leading the transformation and digitalization of the tax profession in the area of international tax transparency for the financial industry. Responsibilities will include:
• Providing advisory services to financial institutions on the areas of FATCA, CRS, Chapter 3 and Chapter 61 of the Internal Revenue Code (1042/1042-S and 1099 reporting), Withholding Partnership rules, Qualified Intermediaries, 871 m), and other global information reporting and withholding regimes.
• Being part of international teams across jurisdictions to assist financial institutions with their compliance efforts with these rules
• Perform detailed reviews of reporting data, tax form validations, notifications and other FATCA, CRS, Chapter 3 and 61 requirements
• Contribute to internal technology development by assisting with the design, the drafting of business requirements and technology testing
• Participate in trainings and educate tax consultants on the impacts of these regulations
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Information Reporting team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by properly managing tax transparency regimes, enhancing their customer's experience and deploying effective technology to facilitate compliance with FATCA, CRS and other domestic and international withholding and reporting complex rules. Our Global Information Reporting Tax subject matter experts provide services to the largest financial institutions in the world, including numerous global banks, asset managers, hedge funds and insurance companies. Our team is leading the transformation and digitalization of the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of Global Information Reporting services range from FATCA, CRS, chapter 3 and 61 tax compliance globally, tax form validation services, Qualified Intermediary and Withholding Partnerships regimes, technology development in these areas, consulting services, controversy, risk management and audit readiness for these regimes. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
• Knowledge of FATCA, CRS, chapter 3 and chapter 61 of the Internal Revenue Code, Qualified Intermediaries, 871 m) or other withholding and reporting regimes will be relevant
• Preparation and review experience of FATCA tax returns, CRS reporting, tax forms validation (W-8, W-9 or CRS Self-certifications), 1042/1042-S and 1099 reporting
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM, accounting degree or MBA
• Previous Big 4, CPA firm experience or law firm experience
• CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)