Deloitte Banking Integration Engineer in San Jose, California
Banking Integration Engineer
As a Senior Integration Engineer you will enable our client’s journey for adopting modern Banking platforms and delivering leading digital capabilities to our customers. You’ll be intimately involved the innovation of our Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) platform, ensuring we are always pushing the art of the possible for our clients. You will support the development of our Cloud Native BaaS offering. Work directly with clients and collaborate with peers to deliver client adoption projects.
Work you’ll do
• Work with our leadership team (and leading fintechs and tradtional FIs) to shape interoperability architecture design
• Develop BaaS system integrations, using Cloud Native Services to connect an ecosystem of leading Fintech providers, financial services SaaS solutions, and Deloitte Cloud-hosted assets
• Develop PoCs to determine viability of potential marketplace solutions or delivery approaches
• Develop orchestration and choreography patterns to support banking business process
• Work with key subject matter experts to understand business processes and experiences integrations must support
• Design and deploy a multitude applications utilizing public cloud stack focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
• Manage full software development life cycle including understanding business requirements , performing solution design , coding, implementing the solution and documenting software specifications
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• 5 years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade digital solutions meeting complex business requirements
• Integration architecture experience with Spring or other solutions including, Mulesoft IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, Kafka etc.
• Experience with Cloud Native Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to Open Source projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
• Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using OPEN API standards and REST based APIs
• Familiarity with AWS/GCP/Azure/Pivotal CLI and SDK tools.
• Experience designing and building cloud native digital solutions from the ground-up
• Experience w/ complex integrations in hybrid models with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
• Software development experience in building microservices and using any frameworks such as springboot, quarkus or micronaut.
• Experience in building container-based service deployments using CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Spinnaker etc.) and orchestration platform with knowledge around service mesh architecture such as Istio etc.
• Someone who has worked in or supported clients in Banking; understands the basics of industry solutions and excited about the potential to reimagine and disrupt legacy
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
• Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
• Experience delivering in scrum, agile, and other modern development methodologies
• Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
• Experience profiling and troubleshooting Java application code
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home) .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.