Deloitte M&A Tax Consultant Intern (Summer 2022) in San Francisco, California
We're looking for highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers to join our tax consulting team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for our tax internship program. During the internship, you'll gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this exciting and rewarding career. You'll receive mentorship and guidance from our tax professionals and have the opportunity to help develop solutions to complex tax issues through research, use of cutting edge technology, and consultation with other team members.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Tax intern, you'll work with diverse and talented teams to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. Daily tasks may include researching complex tax technical issues and assisting our clients with tax due diligence, tax structuring and tax modeling on buy-side and sell-side transactions. During your internship you'll interact with multiple clients, providing you exposure to a variety of organizations and a stronger understanding of applicable tax implications for different clients.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities. Working with clients before, during and after the transaction, tax professionals work with clients across corporate functions such as finance, treasury, human resources, operations, information technology and risk management to analyze and evaluate the tax profile and to implement planning designed to help meet each organization's global goals, strategies and business objectives . Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• Currently pursuing a degree Bachelor of Science/Business Administration in Accounting, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation or Juris Doctor (JD)
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• CPA exam eligibility preferred
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• The start date for this position will be in Summer 2022 or Winter 2023
• Technology-related coursework highly desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.