Deloitte Tax Consultant Intern (Tax Technology Consulting) (Summer 2024, Winter 2025) in San Diego, California
Tax Consultant Intern, Tax Technology Consulting
We're looking for highly-motivated, innovative thinkers with an aptitude for technology to join our tax consulting team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a dynamic environment, then you may be the right fit for our tax internship program. During the internship, you'll gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this exciting and rewarding career. You will receive mentorship and guidance from Deloitte professionals and have the opportunity to assist clients in tackling the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including tax compliance, reporting, and risk management for direct and indirect taxes.
Work you'll do
As a professional in Deloitte's Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) team, you will be a part of a team that provides an integrated approach to technology implementations that help tax departments maximize the strategic value to the organization. You will deliver services for companies that are implementing tax solutions related to enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and tax applications.
As an intern, you'll work with diverse and talented teams to help clients better understand their processes, technology, and resourcing models as well as global co-sourcing and outsourcing capabilities. You'll help assess clients' current organizational capabilities and use data to create a roadmap for transformation and develop new standard for effective practice in tax processes, controls, and output. Projects may include interviewing clients, documenting results from workshops, determining tax requirements, researching tax issues, and helping to translate the tax requirements into technology solutions for the client.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) practice helps tax departments pursue a streamlined, transparent, and efficient tax function that enhances the core responsibilities of compliance, reporting and planning, while also positioning tax as a strategic business advisor for the digital era. We specialize in tax and can effectively address a corporate tax function's unique needs, requirements and obligations. As technology specialists, we help clients make appropriate technology choices for both direct and indirect taxes across all business cycles that have a tax impact tax. Our team, the largest of its type, offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology and practical experience to help clients with a successful ERP implementation.
Deloitte TTC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to support our clients' objectives and address their challenges. Our team's multi-disciplinary approach combines tax technical and technology skillsets, enabling greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. TTC's business services help clients with operating model evaluation, roadmap development for a desired future state, data management solutions, automation opportunities, tax portal, cloud for enterprise systems, agile resourcing models, risk, provision and compliance. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Technology Consulting.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Masters degree in accounting, taxation, information systems, technology, or related field with a strong preference for accounting and STEM dual degree
• Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for technology
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Ability to travel up to 65%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Ability to perform job responsibilities within in a hybrid work model that requires US Tax professionals to co-locate in person 2 - 3 days per week
• The start date for this position will be in Summer 2024, Winter 2025
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
• For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington state and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $27 to $50.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.