Deloitte Azure Infrastructure Cloud Security Manager in San Diego, California
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If so, Deloitte & Touche LLP could be the place for you. Traditional security programs have often been unsuccessful in unifying the need to both secure and support technology innovation required by the business. Join Deloitte's Advisory Cloud Cyber Services team and become a member of the largest group of cybersecurity professionals worldwide.
Work you'll do
As a Cloud Security Manager for Azure/AAD, you will be at the front lines with our clients supporting them with their Cloud security needs specifically helping them navigate the journey to the cloud on the Microsoft Azure platform. This will include:
Assist in business development activities such as defining scope of services, building resource estimates and related pricing, packaging proposals and supporting the delivery of the proposal to the client for Azure/AAD Cloud Cyber Risk services
Lead the overall delivery of Azure Cloud Cyber Risk projects in a project manager role, overseeing the activities of onsite and offshore engineers and architects
Function as the primary client day to day interface building rapport and trust with the client
Review and oversee the generation of all project deliverables such as assessment reports, system designs/ architectures and risk/security recommendations
Maintain strong domain knowledge of Azure and Microsoft cloud solutions
Lead the execution of Azure Cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle - assess, design, and implementation. This can include Microsoft cloud services such as Azure, Azure AD, Microsoft EMS and 0365
Lead engagements to perform technical health checks for Azure Cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployments.
Oversee technical support for Azure cyber services and resolve service-related issues through research and troubleshooting and working with vendors.
Conduct cloud security analysis, recommendations and configurations of prospective clients' Microsoft Azure platforms and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework. This can include Microsoft's cloud solutions such as Azure Active Directory (AAD), Azure infrastructure (compute/networking/storage), Azure data protection, Azure security monitoring and Azure PaaS service configurations.
Perform technical health checks for these Azure cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployments.
Assist clients with configuration and delivery of cloud security and compliance reports.
Provide technical support for Azure/AAD and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research and troubleshooting and working with Microsoft and third-party vendors.
Implementation of industry leading practices around Azure, AAD and cloud security services for clients.
Designing and developing cloud-specific security policies, standards and procedures e.g., Azure tenant, management group and subscription management and configuration, identify management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management , data protection (DLP, encryption), user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/key management.
Troubleshooting Azure system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment.
Documenting Azure platform technical issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
Executing on Azure and AAD cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle - assess, design, and implementation & post implementation reviews.
Implementing industry leading practices around Azure and AAD cyber risks and cloud security for clients.
Provide internal Azure security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
Support Managed Services team on client calls as necessary for Azure security.
Acting as a subject matter expert on cloud cyber risk for the Microsoft Azure and AAD platforms.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
Working experience in at least two of the areas listed below with 4+ years of consulting experience required.
• 4+ years experience in a cyber or IT project leadership/manager/architect roles leading teams
• 6+ years of hands-on technical experience with Microsoft Azure in implementation and operations.
• 6+ years of hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations with a string Microsoft focus
• 6+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-with Microsoft Identity and Access management in implementation and operations.
• 6+ years of experience with Azure data, analytics, or AI/ML services (Azure SQL, HDInsight, Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake Storage, Azure Analysis Services, Synapse Analytics, Azure Machine Learning, etc.)
Ideally the following cloud-related technical experience:
• 4+ years of working with different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid) in a security role.
• 4+ years of hands-on technical experience implementing security solutions for Microsoft technologies
2+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level security incident and event management (SIEM) implementation or operations
2+ years of infrastructure automation (such as PowerShell, Terraform, Puppet) or DevOps/DevSecOps experience
1+ years of containerization experience (Kubernetes, Docker)
• 4+ years of consulting experience
Skills with PowerShell, ARM and JSON programing can be helpful
• Must be willing to travel up to 60% within North America.
• BA/BS Degree required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Previous Consulting or Big 4 experience preferred.
• Certifications such as: Microsoft new roles-based certifications, CCSP, CCSK, CISSP, CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA certification a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.