Deloitte Senior Cloud Engineer in Rosslyn, Virginia
Are you looking to make an immediate impact where you can help our clients solve their business challenges? Deloitte's Core Business Operations (CBO) portfolio operates at the center of our client's business. By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders transform their organization and accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
Work you'll do
Seeking a Cloud engineer professional to help design and build out a cloud environment for a large government agency. This Cloud Engineer will assist with end-to-end technical planning, implementation, deployment, operation and enhancement of complex systems. Position requires a strong system engineering and datacenter background.
• Experience with working in defense or intelligence community Cloud environments, including AWS GovCloud and C2S
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
• Previous or current experience as a Linux or Windows Systems Administrator
• Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon)
• Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of private cloud, AWS public cloud and Azure public cloud technology to ensure all appropriate options are considered to support business initiatives
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including RDS, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM
• Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technology
• Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
• Experience in managing hosting environments supporting thousands of server images
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
Required: 5+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 3 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry.
Bachelor's degree required
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
TS/SCI heavily sought
• Able to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
• Depth in various cloud migration patterns such as re-host, re-platform and refactor, ability to drive client discussions, develop scope and effort estimates to address the different migration patterns. Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; able to manage project tasks, scope change, and schedules to keep projects on-track
• Relevant hands-on design and implementation experience in network designs, cloud solutions, with knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines:
Servers and storage
Software defined networking (SDN)
• AWS, Azure Certified Professional
• Familiarity with ICD 503 A&A processes
• Solid system engineering background
• Familiarity with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Experience using Atlassian Jira, Jira Agile and Confluence
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.