Deloitte Product Designer in Rosslyn, Virginia
Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you looking for an enriching experience to build your career and brand? If you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients instead of a "back office programmer" position, then Deloitte's Federal Cyber Risk team could be the place for you! Join our team of Cyber Risk professionals who collaborate with government agencies, IT professionals, and clients to support cyber security and risk consulting engagements.
Work you'll do
As a Product Designer within our Cyber Risk team, you will:
• Help develop software applications to modernize and integrate systems and subsystems into a state of the art blockchain-based solution for government and commercial entities
• Work within a remote team environment designing, implementing, and supporting the development and integration of applications in a distributed blockchain-based network
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to designing user friendly software products
• Analyze requirements, designing technology/software solutions for customer challenges , and helping developers codify these solutions
• Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on our software application
• Acts as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve customer/product issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Actively expand skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with colleagues and customers
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal Cyber Risk team is client focused and mission driven. Our team works across industries and sectors to respond more rapidly and effectively, providing recommendations to improve cyber threat detection.
• 2+ years of Product/UX Design experience for software, web applications leveraging emerging technologies, or mobile
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability
• Exceptional design skills, production value, and attention to detail
• Ability to spearhead UX research efforts early and often to iterate on customer feedback
• Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
• Understanding of software project management/development practices
• Body of work/portfolio demonstrating skills in designing innovative, customer centric solutions
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard HCD methodologies
• Understanding of front-end code implementation
• Strong working knowledge of modern design tools (Figma, Illustrator, etc.)
• Experience in Blockchain, DeFi (Distributed Finance), or B2B SaaS products
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.