Deloitte Lead Data Engineer in Rosslyn, Virginia
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you'll do
• Expertise in extract, transform, and load (ETL) methods and tools
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Willingness to coach and pair program with entry-level data engineers
• Expertise in writing SQL queries
• Expertise in JSON objects
• Ability to document and explain data storage decisions
• Strong knowledge of best practices - ability to understand user requirements and translate them into data storage requirements
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB
• Familiarity with microservice architectures
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field required
• 6+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Expertise of at least one modern scripting language (preferably Python - a coding challenge will be administered)
• Active Secret security clearance required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Interest in event streaming architectures, such as Apache Kafka
• Creativity and innovation - desire to learn and apply new technologies, products, and libraries
• Experience creating and updating physical, logical, and conceptual data models
• Ability to understand complex legacy systems and their data schemas
• Interest in enabling data-sharing across multiple systems
• Experience writing and interpreting data dictionaries
• Integrating with identity and access-management solutions
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.