Deloitte Forensic Accountant in Rosslyn, Virginia
Deloitte Government and Public Services (GPS) is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our GPS Advisory Investigations and Intelligence practice provides investigative expertise to analyze events, people, entities and financial data in order to extract relevant insights for our Federal clients' mission-critical needs.
Work you'll do
• Work on active investigations for Federal client's criminal investigations.
• Perform complex analysis using criminal investigative tools and other client-owned databases in support of Federal Investigations and prosecutions.
• Utilize domestic and international databases for extensive research and analysis to correlate, summarize and present findings to the Case Agents and U.S. Attorneys involved in the cases.
• Perform Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance and/or financial fraud investigations for Federal clients.
• Develop ways in which to identify and combat the exploitation of the banking anti-money laundering regulations.
• Support Implementation and Operations Management best practices.
• Lead and support tasks and portions of the project scope on engagements related but not limited to Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software and Application Development and Maintenance, Financial Operations, and Project and Acquisition Management
• Perform analysis and diagnosis of client issues.
• Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the client environment and overall project scope.
• Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience, and judgment.
• Independently perform tasks with some guidance to execute a portion of the project scope.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field is required / CPA is strongly preferred.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain the required security clearance for this role.
• Experience working in an accounting or audit role is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the procedures and techniques generally prescribed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
• Knowledge of current and anticipated banking anti-money laundering regulations and practices.
• Experience developing methods to identify and combat the exploitation of the anti-money laundering regulations.
• Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools.
• Forensic, Investigative, and/or Discovery industry related experience
• Knowledge of current and anticipated banking anti-money laundering regulations and practices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.