Deloitte Data Engineer in Rosslyn, Virginia
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel?
Work you'll do
A Data Engineer on this project will be responsible for leading the architecture and setup of an AWS hosted data lake as well as the ingestion pipeline and processing for 100+ datasets, working closely with Agile software development team(s). This role includes responsibilities such as creating and managing schedules for data management (migration, integration, etc.) efforts, working with clients to validate migrated data, working with Agile development teams to understand changes and their impacts towards data migration efforts, among other tasks.
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence. Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the GPS marketplace.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
• Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
• Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
• Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
• Ability to Obtain and Maintain a Government Security Clearance
• 5+ years relevant professional experience
• 3+ years data engineering, data management and transformation experience
• 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Python
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.