Deloitte Cloud DevOps Engineer in Rosslyn, Virginia
Are you looking to make an immediate impact where you can help our clients solve their business challenges? Deloitte's Core Business Operations (CBO) portfolio operates at the center of our clients business. By joining our team, you could help C-suite and program leaders transform their organization and accelerate mission execution through emerging and disruptive technologies, innovative business models, retooled program operations and industry-driven solutions.
Work you'll do
This position will also support artificial intelligence tools in the cloud. The engineer will support the development, lifecycle management, and deployment of data pipeline services.
• Perform Development Operations (DevOps) functions across a series of products teams focused on enabling Cloud Infrastructure and services to support platform end users
• Automating infrastructure deployments of data pipelines to various cloud environments
• Create and manage Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions to support platform administration of services via a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
• Develop data pipelines / APIs using Python, SQL, Spark and AWS, or Azure cloud-service methods.
• Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS, or Azure cloud platform.
• Work with the team to evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to data systems and management.
• Generate design, development, test plans, detailed functional specifications documents, user interface design, and process flow charts for execution of programming.
• Implementing cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients to automate platform administration
• Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, cloud coding and scripting best practices
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications; establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of applications, components and enhancements.
• Participate in project planning; identifying milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution.
Present/demonstrate working code to client stakeholders in an Agile fashion
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice " our people, ideas, technology and outcomes is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Deloitte's Cloud offering consists of engineers and technical thought leaders who build cloud solutions that help shape the future of global enterprises. Our Cloud team is at the heart of technical solutioning and at the leading edge of product development.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Active Secret or Top Secret clearance through the Department of Defense
• Experience working with agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum.
• 3+ years of professional experience performing cloud operations, such as DevOps functions
• 2+ years of experience with any of the following cloud platforms: AWS, or Microsoft Azure
• 2+ years of experience designing and building solutions utilizing various Cloud services such as EC2, S3, Azure Blob, AWS Kinesis, Azure EventHubs, AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, AWS Glue, AWS Athena, AWS Data Explorer, Databricks
• 2+ years of experience in the design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing custom data pipelines
• 2+ years of experience with one or more of the follow scripting languages: Python, SQL, Scala, PySpark and/or other
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• 2+ years of experience administering production serverless data pipelines with Databricks, to include creating user roles/permissions, security groups, SDK integration, etc. (Experience administering Databricks is a plus)
• Sec+ or CSSP certificates
• Expertise in Scala, PySpark and/or Python
• Demonstrated experience in leveraging CI/CD pipelines for deployments leveraging: GitLab, Terraform, and/or others
• Demonstrated experience in supporting a production, testing, integration, and development environments
• Demonstrated experience in Linux RedHat administration/configuration
• Demonstrated experience with various database solutions/tools: AWS S3, AWS Athena, Azure Storage, Azure Synapse, AWS Redshift, AWS DynamoDB
• Demonstrated experience in performing in a fast-paced, distributed environment with multiple stakeholders
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.