Deloitte GIS Senior Manager - Geographic Information System in Richmond, Virginia
GIS Senior Manager
• Advise clients and deliver services in the areas of geospatial strategy and planning, geospatial analytics, geospatial security & privacy, geospatial data management, and development of enterprise geospatial systems and applications.
• Organize and deliver services of complex geographic information system (GIS) / geospatial projects.
• Contribute to the development and cultivation of business and vendor relationships.
• Develop, maintain relationships and collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Developing competency among team members; Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and lead and evolve training.
• Provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff.
• Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities.
• Develop and manage project plans, schedules, and scope of work for large geospatial projects .
• As a technical or functional advisor, work extensively with the management of the project to guide efforts that address the client's needs .
• Perform engagement planning and budgeting; manage engagement economics, engagement risk, and engagement timeline.
• Work with the team to identify and understand their challenges, manage day-to-day client and team relationships.
• Integrate use of technology-based risk assessment tools or methodologies to review, design and implement solutions.
• Plan and execute methodologies that include tasks for collection, migration, and/ or quality control of geospatial data, and design and development of geospatial applications or systems.
• Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding value to deliverables presented or experienced insight into architectural or functional issues .
• Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions .
• Identify opportunities for other Deloitte service offerings that can address client needs .
• Responsible for managing solutions, delegating resources, and helping to ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables.
• Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process .
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence or related field.
• 12+ years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas - utilities, geospatial analytics, GIS, location-based data.
• 6 to 10 years in a technical or functional GIS experience.
• Proficiency in one or more GIS software solutions (e.g. Esri ArcGIS suite of software such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, HEXAGON etc.).
• Proficiency in the geospatial analytic functions and geospatial data.
• Experience mentoring and coaching others.
• Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
• Experience managing senior-level client relationships.
• Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical).