Deloitte GIS Senior Consultant - Geographic Information System in Richmond, Virginia
GIS Senior Consultant
• Advise clients and deliver services in the areas of geospatial strategy and planning, geospatial analytics, geospatial security & privacy, geospatial data management, and development of enterprise geospatial systems and applications.
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
• Organize and deliver services of complex geographic information system (GIS) / geospatial projects.
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
• Perform geospatial analysis using geospatial software (e.g. Esri, HEXAGON Geospatial, etc.)
• Design, develop and implement on-prem and cloud-based geospatial software (e.g. Esri, HEXAGON Geospatial, etc.).
• Perform quality control / assurance of geospatial data.
• Perform data analytics using geospatial data.
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products.
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence or related field
• 5+ year of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas - risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, or grants management
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Proficiency in one or more GIS software solutions (e.g. Esri ArcGIS suite of software such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, HEXAGON etc.).
• Proficiency in the geospatial analytic functions and geospatial data analytics.