Deloitte Sr Software Engineer (Top Secret) in Quantico, Virginia
Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our Federal clients? If yes, then Deloitte’s Cyber Risk team could be the place for you! Join our team of Cyber Risk professionals who collaborate with government agencies, IT professionals, and clients to support cyber security and risk consulting engagements.
Work you’ll do
As a Software Engineer in the Cyber Risk group you will:
• Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client’s mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
• Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
• Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
• Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
• Individuals that have a minimum of five (5) years experience in software development
• Individuals that have a minimum of five (5) years experience in technical writing and presentation
• Individuals with experience in all three areas of development, integration and production deployments
• Work in a DevOps and Cloud environment
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
• Typically has 7 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
• Ability to support engagements of greater than average size and complexity
• Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple clients with confidence
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Experience in lifecycle development of software systems using agile methodologies
• Experience in cloud computing
• Experience in NoSQL and relational databases
• Experience in scalable technologies
• Experience in scalable, high performance data storage and retrieval systems
• Experience in big data loading, trending and analytics
• Experience developing real time information collection applications
• Experience in Python
• Experience in web application development
• Experience in multiple markup languages
• Experience in working with multiple operating systems (Windows and UNIX)
• Experience in shell scripting (sh, ksh, bash: can be any of one of these, but preferably all three.
• Experience in researching and tracking flaws
• Experience in designing and building proof of concept prototype solutions in a fast paced collaborative environment often with little to no user requirements
• Must have excellent communication and written skills
• Ability to understand functional and technical specifications for new products
• Work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines, and is committed to work as and when required to complete projects
• Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www.deloitte.com/us/usdcbenefits)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
GPS Link #LI-GPS #IND:GPS
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.