Deloitte Technical Project Manager - Scrum Lead in Princeton, New Jersey
Human Capital As-A-Service
The Human Capital As-A-Service - Asset Group brings together our products and capabilities into one integrated offering to create sustained relationships with our clients. Human Capital's Asset group will continue to evaluate and incorporate new products and operate services in our portfolio as we grow. We will help clients navigate the future through many Human Capital software applications and assets.
Project Manager - Scrum Lead Description
We are looking for a project manager to join our product team and help us continue to set the standard for business applications used by Deloitte Human Capital clients and practitioners. This role will take ownership of key PMO activities within an existing product line and help develop new products. This person will be expected to work closely with management, engineering and quality assurance to develop and deliver on an exciting product roadmap.
In our Agile product development environment, this Technical Project Manager is a critical member of the team that will partner with the strategic and technical product managers, and the development team, to ensure the strategic asset is successfully delivered to our clients. The Technical Project Manager will manage a portfolio of assets and will have the following responsibilities for their assigned assets:
• Serve as a Scrum Lead for multiple project teams.
• Help the Product Owner and Development Team achieve sprint goals and KPIs
• Provide training and assistance on applying techniques of effective agile methods.
• Comfortable with ambiguity, dynamic and fast changing environments and a passion for process improvement.
• Provide day-to-day progress of projects while keeping teams informed and engaged at various levels of management and across organizations.
• Work with cross-functional and remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with release timelines.
• Release management and cross-team communication
• Maintain meticulous records of projects issues, risks, decisions and schedules. Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
• Configuring, maintaining, administering and enhancing Jira Cloud, Confluence and key 3rd party plugins.
• Working with project teams to enable custom workflows, fields, screens, dashboards, and reports
• 7+ years of experience at a software company in a similar role
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Information Technology with previous engineering/software development background
• Practical and conceptual understanding of software development life cycle, Agile Framework and best practices.
• Extended experience in agile methodologies.
• Experience managing projects across teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Excellent project management and organizational skills - must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
• Comfortable working in a collaborative, virtual environment, providing and accepting continuous feedback and support.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Web applications
• Experience managing trade-offs given specific constraints.
• Strong sense of ownership and passion for technology
• 2+ years of experience with administration and configuration of Atlassian products such as Jira Cloud, Confluence.
• Project Management and Agile Certifications
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.