Deloitte Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Consultant in Portland, Oregon
Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Consultant
Same job available in 13 locations
Albany, New York, United States
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Denver, Colorado, United States
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Portland, Oregon, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
San Diego, California, United States
Back to search results
Share this job:Share:
Share Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Consultant with FacebookShare Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Consultant with LinkedInShare Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Consultant with TwitterShare Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Consultant with a friend via e-mail
Back to search results
When organizations undergo significant changes, face difficult roadblocks, seek process efficiency or identify technological opportunities, they need a trusted advisor to help them drive decisions and navigate challenges. Our Consultants collaborate with our clients to deliver business, technological and organizational strategies to help them adapt to their unique challenges, opportunities, and meet their objectives. We are seeking candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, excellent communication skills, demonstrable problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn and apply business-related concepts to join our Government and Public Services practice.
Work You’ll Do
As a Consultant, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. You can capitalize on our cross-industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization. As a dynamic, strategic thinker who understands the big picture, you will work directly with clients to help them make decisions and implement enhancements to their organizations’ productivity, performance, and strategic priorities. This person should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Consultant role into skills-based profiles in order to best align each candidate with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Consultants whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas (you will receive more information about the profiles available to you through your school career site/recruiter):
Applied AI Consultant
- This Consultant will architect, position, develop, design and deploy enterprise solutions which include components across the Artificial Intelligence spectrum, such as Chatbots, Virtual Assistants, Machine learning and Cognitive Sciences. This Consultant will perform data studies and data discovery routines for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data sources or mash ups of new and existing data sources. Majors: MBA, Masters in STEM
- This Consultant leverages data analytics and technology skills to enable the use of data in decision making. This Consultant designs and develops cloud based data processing pipelines, machine learning predictive models, data visualization dashboards and other data driven systems. Majors: MBA, MPP, MS STEM
Finance & Enterprise Performance Consultant
- This Consultant helps define our clients’ organizational, financial, innovation, and growth strategies. In addition, this Consultant will enhance clients’ organizational performance, productivity, and long-term cost savings by designing and implementing our clients’ roadmap to the future. Majors: MBA
Supply Chain and Network Operations Consultant
- This Consultant assists in creating policies, practices, and procedures to improve and enhance complex supply chains in a wide variety of organizations. This Consultant will architect enterprise, customer and operating model strategies and develop ways to measure operational performance. Majors: MBA, MS Supply Chain
Solutions Engineering Consultant
- This Consultant has a pioneer mindset when it comes to technical solutioning. This Consultant is a tinkerer, problem solver, programmer, and amateur hacker who enjoys applying these skills in their work. This Consultant enjoys rolling up their sleeves to make things work and isn’t afraid to challenge teammates and clients to push beyond conventional designs and thinking to develop deeper capabilities. This Consultant is interested in coding and enjoys both the technical and customer side of their roles. Majors: MBA, MS Technical Degrees
- This Consultant has a natural curiosity for solving problems and is comfortable with ambiguity and creating their own path. This Consultant regularly employs a business first lens while solving problems and is able to help drive strategic transformation and deliver solutions to clients. This Consultant demonstrates a breadth and depth of capabilities and is prepared to take on a range of business and organizational challenges, and assess the role technology plays. Majors: MBA, MPP, MPA, MPH
Our practitioners will be able to maintain the specialization they have built to date in certain areas while also learning how it connects to broader issues in the market. We are committed to continuously supporting our practitioners as they build skills in either one specific part of our business or across the business – our Portfolio is structured to facilitate this learning. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
Required Qualifications (you will receive more information about the profiles available to you through your school career site/recruiter):
MBA or Master’s Degree completed by Fall 2021 in these or related areas of study:
Applied AI Consultant: MBA, Masters in STEM
Data Consultant: MBA, MPP, MS STEM
Finance & Enterprise Performance Consultant: MBA
Supply Chain and Network Operations Consultant: MBA, MS Supply Chain
Solutions Engineering Consultant: MBA, MS Technical Degrees
Strategy Consultant: MBA, MPP, MPA, MPH
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future and ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.5)
Two or more years’ experience
Ability to travel 80-100% (while 80-100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
How You’ll Grow
Two of the most important tools in today’s business world are experience and resources. At Deloitte, you’ll find plenty of both. We believe in equipping our people with some of the best resources available and offering the experience, education, and opportunities you’ll need at various stages of your career to be technologically fluent. As a new Consultant, you will attend a series of onboarding programs to develop foundational knowledge of our practice, build essential core consulting skills, and cultivate an in-depth understanding of Deloitte Consulting’s methodologies. Before hitting the ground on your first project, these programs will also offer the opportunity to apply your new knowledge and skills in a simulated environment modeled after real-life client engagements. Your work, clients, and colleagues will challenge you intellectually, enabling you to build both your experience and an exceptional professional network. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. But don’t take our word for it:Be inspired by the stories of our people.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/aboutfor a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 2045
Do not sell my personal information
Legal information for job seekers
Labor condition applications
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the "Deloitte" name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please seewww.deloitte.com/aboutto learn more about our global network of member firms.