Deloitte PMO - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Application Modernization & Innovation Program Manager - Senior Consultant
Are you a talented Project Management professional focuse d on planning, leading, organizing, and motivating both Agile and traditional project teams ? Are you a resourceful problem solver who thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective solutions? As a ProgramManageme nt professional, you will help client's set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems working with a world-class team of technology professionals from Deloitte Consulting.
Work You'll Do
As a n Application Modernization & Innovation Program Manager, Senior Consultant you will bring strong and in-depth functional and project management solutions to clients with a focus on achieving a high level of performance and quality, and delivery of both agile and traditional projects that provide exceptional business value to users . Our projects are both large and complex . You will have the technical foundation and knowledge to work with a core group of technology professionals.
• Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
• Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
• Manage small teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures. Your background in technology will give you the foundation to manage these streams but also understand the technology.
• Manage several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment potentially crossing multiple business divisions.
• Use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach suitable for planning and managing the effort.
• Coach members of the team as needed to optimize efficiency of the project team
• Create and develop project scope and schedule. Plan and assign resources to associated tasks and deliverables.
• Monitor progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions.
• Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, as defined in the change management plan.
• Identify high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints . I mplement approved actions and workarounds to minimize the impact of risks on the project.
• Develop and maintain communication with key project stakeholders and decision-makers.
• Achieve project goals within designated project constraints .
Application Modernization & Innovation
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering.
Application Modernization & Innovation Program Manager, Senior Consultant candidatesare required to have:
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as strong knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• 5+ years of relevant managementconsultin g or industry experience.
• 3+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment working on custom software development-related projects.
• 3+ years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Proj ect and Microsoft SharePoint.
• 3+ years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center.
• 3+ years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and id entifying alternatives.
• A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including 5 + years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
• Travel up to 5 0% (While 5 0% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
• E xperience leading fit-gap analysis for migrating applications to Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azur e, Google Cloud or Force.com.
• Experience participating in the testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com, and/or Google Cloud Platforms.
• Experience with agile tools such as Rally and Jira.
• Experience leading small teams.
• Experience in work planning, monitoring, and reporting.
• Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting te chnical requirements.
• Experience managing design activities including design sessions and d efining future state processes.
• Experience managing vendors and service providers.
• Experience working with and managing onshore, offshore, and remote teams.
• Experience with industry-standard System Develo pment Life Cycle methodologies.
• PMP certi fication is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.