Deloitte Chemicals - Supply Chain Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Chemicals - Supply Chain Manager
Are you a Supply Chain professional experienced with clients in Chemicals? Our practice is undergoing heavy growth and high demand for Supply Chain talent. We proudly give our consultants the chance to work with world-class organizations solving the most interesting business issues as part of a collaborative team environment.
Work You'll Do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers also participate in business development activities. You will have the opportunity to lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required.
• A mix of the following Supply Chain skill sets:
o Deep demonstrated experience with logistics strategy, distribution network strategy, and distribution operations improvement.
o Experience with transportation management and carrier negotiations, inventory management optimization and deployment.
o Strong understanding of warehouse and transportation management systems evaluation and implementation support.
o Work in Procurement and Sourcing.
o Experience with Smart Manufacturing technologies
o Data Management
o Data Visualization
o Digital Strategy or Digital media
• A minimum of 8 years consulting and/or industry experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of Chemicals industry experience.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• MBA or Master's degree
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Strong oral and written communication and documentation skills, including presentation skills (MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience prioritizing tasks and managing assignments in a collaborative team environment
• Experience with large data-sets and optimization modeling
• Familiarity with advanced visualizations, analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT) technology
• Statistics, Python, R, Tableau, PowerBI, SQL
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
About the Team
Oil, Gas & Chemicals
The Oil, Gas & Chemicals sector is facing unprecedented change in a quickly evolving digital era. Improving the customer experience has never been more critical to business success. Clients are increasingly focused on maintaining and growing their assets while simultaneously searching for cost-effective and safer ways to access, extract and sustain key resources. Deloitte currently serves a large majority of the global Oil & Gas and Chemicals corporations on the Fortune 500 list, assisting them in facing these business challenges. Moving forward, we have launched a growth strategy to at least double our marketplace footprint over the next 3-5 years. We are committed to helping our clients work with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems, and expansion in data all while collaborating with Deloitte's Offering Portfolios.
Supply Chain Networks
Our Supply Chain Networks team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.