Deloitte Business Analyst or Business Process - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Business Analyst or Business Process - Senior Consultant
Are you a talented professional that focuses on the planning, execution, and monitoring of project initiatives? Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective technology solutions? As a Business Analyst or Business Process Senior Consultant, you help clients set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems.
Deloitte’s Systems Engineering Practice comprises passionate, like-minded technology enthusiasts who strive to fundamentally transform how our clients deliver value.
We focus on key client issues that impacts the core business by driving down the cost of quality and enhancing technology innovation. Each member of our professional team is a strategic thinker, with a passion for helping organizations innovate the way they work.
Success is defined in our ability to ask our clients the tough questions, challenge them towards making real, sustainable change and helping them achieve the change, by working with them, side by side. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
We are looking for frontrunners with experience in Business Analyst or Business Process roles.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant you will lead work threads within an engagement team to create software solutions that help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business. You engage in:
• Project and Program Management
• Requirements Elicitation and Management
• Joint Application Design Sessions
• Creating Robust, Effective, Scalable Solutions
• Being the lead person to interface between the clients and our Deloitte teams
• Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs.
• Developing & reviewing system requirements, designing the solution, redefining the business, presenting the prototype, and leading the testing of our custom technology solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Systems Engineering specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Engineering practice.
Business Analyst and Business Process Senior Consultants are required to have:
*Strong knowledge of the SDLC
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies with experience working in an Agile environment
*Experience in requirements planning, functional design, business process modeling and enterprise business analysis and leading these IT streams with clients
• 7 years of relevant consulting or industry experience, with 2 years leading small-to-mid sized teams
• 4 years supporting the planning and management of project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment
• 4 years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint
• 4 years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center
• 3 years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives
• A willingness to travel 50% of the time nationally
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now, or at any time in the future
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
• Experience or testing cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI methodologies
*Industry certifications such as CCBA, CBAP in the business analysis are a plus
- Experience using tools such as ARIS, IBM Requisite Pro or other similar BPM tools
• Experience working in a collaborative environment
• Experience leading work planning, monitoring, and reporting
• Experience conducting interviews and documenting requirements
• Experience leading design sessions and defining future state processes
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with preference in technology or engineering.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.