Deloitte Senior Software Engineer, Server Side in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Senior Software Engineer, Server Side
At Deloitte Digital Marketing and Experience Services (HUX), we help marketers optimize their customer experience to win in the marketplace. We're combining data, decision making and real-time delivery to build and manage customer data ecosystems that enable our clients to acquire, engage and retain customers in a dramatically different and improved manner. With customer data as a foundation, we help clients deliver dynamic, personalized customer experiences across all engagement channels using machine learning and artificial intelligence
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll support the end to end integration and software development of HUX Unified Solution. It is a market-leading acceleration technology using AI/ML to automate the management of cross-channel communications with consumers for large clients. Part of this system integrates multiple terabytes of data across business units in a low latency and auto-scaled environment. Every day we're pushing the boundaries of what can be done in a truly polyglot and multi- cloud environment. Your responsibilities will include:
• Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle
• Help design and implement functional requirements
• Build efficient back-end features in Python/C#/Java
• Integrate front-end components into applications
• Manage testing and bug fixes
• Prepare technical documentation
• Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement design into the code
• Coach junior team members
• 10 years of experience writing microservices in Python, C#, Java
• Experience with major public cloud offerings and solution designs that are built around these technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and similar)
• 5 years of relevant experience in data management platforms including relational and non- relational data engines (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB, HDFS, Snowflake, Big Query, and similar)
• 3 years of relevant experience in highly available, scalable, and resilient architectures
• Limited sponsorship may be available
• Master's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
• Awareness of wider micro-service ecosystem - 3rd party libraries, tooling, etc.
• Experience in deploying and maintaining enterprise-scale applications in production using CI/CD pipelines.
• Advanced understanding of multi-threading applications against SQL and No-SQL database engines
• Experience with low-latency, high-throughput web-services (1,000s of requests per second)
• Experience with large dataset's and memory management (Over 1 billion records)
• Core knowledge of Python standard library and Pythonic conventions (PEP8, etc.)
• Production or lab experience with CodeFresh and/or Artifactory
• Familiarity with test-driven development (TDD) methodologies using Cucumber, Selenium and/or Junit, Security test tools like Veracode, Checkmarx, SonarQube
Successful skills sets for this role:
• Eager to work with fellow developers, user experience designers, and product owners
• Lead by example, sharing freely and emphasizing transparency in decision making
• Build your teams' collective ability via collaborative techniques like pair-programming and white board design sessions
• Continuously learn and improve, and constantly explore new languages, tools, and techniques
• Treat challenges as opportunities to advance your understanding
• You are an early adopter, and an inquisitive, critical thinker, always seeking to expand your knowledge and experience
• You know that many heads and a diversity of opinions make the best decisions
• You have the confidence to question unclear requirements and make technical decisions independently if initial assumptions are proved false.
• You seek to understand the business-level problems your work is addressing as well as the technical requirements.
Advertising, Marketing & Commerce
Our Advertising, Marketing & Commerce team focuses on delivering marketing and growth objectives aligned with our clients' brand values for measurable business growth. We do this by creating content, communications, and experiences that engage and inspire their customers to act. We implement and operate the technology platforms that enable personalized content, commerce and marketing user-centric experiences. In doing so, we transform our clients' marketing and engagement operations into modern, data-driven, creatively focused organizations. Our team brings deep experience in creative and digital marketing capabilities, many from our Digital Studios.
We serve our clients through the following types of work:
Cross-channel customer engagement strategy, design and development (web, mobile, social, physical)
eCommerce strategy, implementation and operations
Marketing Content and digital asset management solutions
Marketing Technology and Advertising Technology solutions
Marketing analytics implementation and operations
Advertising campaign ideation, development and execution Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
Acquisition and engagement campaign ideation, development and execution
Agile based, design-thinking, user-centric, empirical projects that accelerate results
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.