Deloitte Multistate Strategic Tax Senior - State and Local Tax in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Tax Senior, State Strategic Tax Review; State and Local Tax (SALT)
Are you a strategic and creative Income and Franchise Tax professional who enjoys working on complex state income tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technologies that align the tax function with the business objectives?
We are looking for sharp, analytical Tax Seniors, ready to take on new challenges, to join the State Strategic Tax Review group and work with a team focused entirely on delivering valuable, unique and innovative services to our Clients.
The Team Deloitte's State Strategic Tax Review (SSTR) group is a subset of our Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group which is one the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our SSTR professionals have a deep technical knowledge base in income and franchise tax reporting with a focus on how our Client's businesses are reflected in the tax returns from a tax base and apportionment perspective. We have an innate curiosity to learn new things by often addressing unique issues on each project-based unique Client engagement. We approach every Client and technical issue with a sense of urgency to stay at the forefront and deliver for our Client's effectively. Our team operates on a national basis, which gives us flexibility to work on a variety of clients and locations or focus on certain industries.
Work you'll do As a Senior in the SSTR group you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state tax consulting services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state taxation by working on large, complex tax projects, have access to exceptional training and resources, and continue to develop your supervisory and leadership skills.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with various state and local tax consulting projects including deep technical issues surrounding areas such as apportionment methodologies, tax base modifications and Tax Reform
• Researching and analyzing new facts patterns and laws, regulations, cases and administrative guidance and coordination with our Innovation professionals
• Comprehensive review of information to understand a Client's business and its tax returns, including a deep understanding of the mechanics of state tax returns
• Assuring that key milestones on our phased projects are met and approached with a sense of urgency
• Advising clients on strategies to address technical issues and business restructurings systematically in an effective and efficient manner
• Supporting the engagement workflow management and mentoring tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
• CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney or Enrolled Agent (or be willing and able to obtain the same).
• 3+ years' experience in state and local tax; 2+ years with income and franchise tax.
• 2+ years' experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis.
• Experience preparing and/or reviewing state income and franchise tax returns.
• Travel 50 - 70%% (While 50 - 70% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD and/or LLM.
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience. Preferably in a consulting-focused role.
• Supervisory experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.