Deloitte Full Time Tax Consultant (LLM) (Summer/Fall 2023, Winter 2024) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Full-Time Tax Consultant (LLM)
At Deloitte Tax, you will use your valuable education and degree in law to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. We are looking for people from a diverse set of backgrounds who are highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment, you may be the right fit for the role.
Work you will do
You will work directly with clients, building a relationship as a trusted tax adviser - the "go-to" tax professional. You will collaborate daily as part of high-performing teams, developing solutions to complex tax issues through research, use of cutting edge technology, and consultation with other team members. Daily tasks may include researching tax law, defending tax positions in controversy, understanding the applicable tax implications for specific clients, and making recommendations based on your findings. You will commonly work with multiple clients at the same time, assisting across a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies. Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with strategic tax planning including researching tax law and drafting technical memos and opinions.
• Assisting with audit defense including preparation of responses and drafting issue responses as well as more formal appeals.
• Preparing business and individual federal and state income and other tax returns and forms.
• Preparing income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 as well as supporting the Deloitte audit team on tax provision reviews, including analyzing the authority level of uncertain tax positions.
At Deloitte Tax, our people provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business' efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• LLM degree (an undergraduate degree in accounting, taxation, or a related field is preferred, but any college major is acceptable)
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Bar exam eligibility before beginning full-time employment
• Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2023 or Winter 2024
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. previous work experience, internships, summer positions)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.