Deloitte DevOps Consultant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Work you'll do
• Design, implement, and manage DevOps capabilities in cloud offerings using CI/CD toolsets and automation
• Ensure DevOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities
• This is a hands-on role that develops and supports build and release automation pipelines. You will be part of one team that will deploy a highly available full software stack in public/ private clouds
• Manage entire pipelines and working with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Terraform
• Install and configure NOSQL and SQL databases of all flavors- MongoDB, MYSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, Oracle
• Remediate gaps and support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of UNIX/Linux systems administration
• Collaborate and contribute to enhance the Deloitte DevOps Cloud Platform for cloud native use cases and optimizations
• Continually expand your knowledge beyond your defined area of competence in order to gain a complete, holistic view of a client technology organization
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy, Architecture & Transformation, Cloud Native & Application Development, APIs & Integration, Platforms & Infrastructure, and Cloud Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Hands on with Shells, Shell scripting basics
• 2-3 years of experience in working on CI/CD toolsets and automation
• 1-2 years of experience with microservices architectures and deploying Docker containers
• 1-2 years of experience in agile tooling (Jira, etc.), distributed code management (Git, etc.), and deployment strategies that support both iterative & continuous development
• Strong problem-solving skills - ability to take a process perspective in solving problems.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Hands-on at Python
• Hands-on at Kubernetes and/or Docker and/or OpenShift
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure and operations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.