Deloitte AWS DevOps Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
§ Create, implement, and manage the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
§ Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
Lead program optimization to work within constructs of an AWS environment
Manage system migrations and system upgrades to create and deploy new cloud environments
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise .
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed
• Bachelor of Science in computer related field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of experience with planning, architecting, and implementing AWS Cloud environments
• Demonstrated experience in Windows Active Directory design and implementation across AWS cloud environments
• Experience with designing and deploying AWS Services like Elastic Compute (EC2), Storages (S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier and AWS Storage Gateway) and RDS
• Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
• Automation scripting experience with GitHub, Jenkins or scripting languages including (Terraform, Ansible, Shell, Bash, Perl)
• AWS Management Services experience (CloudWatch, ELB, EC2 autoscaling, CloudTrail and AWS Config), AWS workspaces, and AWS directory Services
• Lead deployment teams on build and implementation of micro services-based applications in cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Experience using build management systems
• Experience in POSIX environment
• Should be able to understand how shells allow programs to communicate with one another
• Should have basic Bash scripting experience
• Use of Jenkins or similar and solid understanding of the build pipeline
• Experience in other scripting experience (such as Perl, Groovy, Python, or Ruby)
• Ability to set up and debug multi-level and/or distributed Maven or Gradle projects
• Understanding on how inheritance and property overriding works
• Ability to determine if a server is having CPU, memory, or disk (space or IO) issues
• Ability to tune OS level resources
• Ability to debug and tune the JVM
• Significant experience with Configuration Managers such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible (or Glu, though that is not a supported CM tool anymore)
• Ability to understand Docker in a larger setting, such as use in a Docker Hub, ECS, Kubernetes or OpenShift solutions
• Experience with JBoss product stack, especially JBoss AMQ and EAP
• Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.