Deloitte Senior Consultant - Transfer Pricing in New York, New York
Business beyond borders. Transfer pricing on a global scale-a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business, legal, and tax principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. You must know what you're doing on the ground in every locality and how that impacts every other location and the overall international strategy of the client, while staying current with ever-evolving challenges and regulations. Experience the world with a view beyond borders! If you have a passion for global consulting, and the mindset to conceptualize these complex and evolving needs, Deloitte has the perfect position for you that's out of this world!
What you'll do
As a Tax Senior in Transfer Pricing, you will provide clients the critical knowledge to deal effectively with intercompany pricing issues. This multidisciplinary group, comprised of professionals with backgrounds in tax, economics, law, engineering, and accounting, brings a well-rounded approach to each engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working with Ph.D. economists, tax attorneys, business professionals, and tax specialists in a team environment to analyze and resolve international transfer pricing issues faced by multinational enterprises in a wide variety of industries.
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of your client's business and the industry in which they operate.
• Performing detailed economic and financial analyses which can include database searches for benchmark companies and the use of our proprietary financial model.
• Assisting in drafting proposals, reports, document requests, presentations, and other client materials.
• Supervising, mentoring, and assisting in the training of new and experienced Tax Consultants
Members of the highly-specialized Deloitte Tax Transfer Pricing group work to develop transfer pricing strategies, audit defense, and documentation to cover the spectrum of transfer pricing issues. Transfer pricing is an international practice that is client-facing, providing unique opportunities to work with global Deloitte teams on international engagements. Transfer Pricing practitioners, utilizing the latest technology and strategies, develop a rich set of skills that combine the rigor of modeling, empirical analysis, and economic ideas with the interaction and energy of a global consultancy practice, to help clients work with complex and dynamic issues surrounding transfer pricing needs on a global level.
Euromoney Magazine and the International Tax Review have consistently rated Deloitte's transfer pricing group as a top practice, both in the United States and globally. Deloitte provides a rewarding, professional experience with competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for professional growth. Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazines consistently rank Deloitte among the best places to work.
• 2+ years of experience in a consulting, business, or academic environment
• BA, Masters, or Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Management, Business, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or equivalent
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
o Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
o Licensed attorney
o Enrolled Agent
o BA, Masters, or Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Management, or equivalent (Masters or Ph.D. preferred)
• While travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Previous Big 4 experience
• Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical abilities with a deep understanding of transfer pricing principles
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team-based environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.