Deloitte SAP on Cloud – Manager in New York, New York
SAP on Cloud – Manager
Who we are
Do you like helping customers implement innovative AI driven cloud based omni channel contact centers and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud efforts?
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100. At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients will be heard.
Work you’ll do
Candidates must have completed multiple full life-cycle SAP implementations (mid to large scale projects) and must have at least seven (7) years of experience in SAP Basis workstream with a minimum of 5 years in managing SAP HANA instances and at least 3 year of experience in deploying solutions on public, private or hybrid clouds.
Required Skills & Experience
• SAP technical proficiency with at least 5 full life-cycle SAP implementations and 10 years of Industry or consulting experience
• Deep understanding of SAP Basis workstream in implementing and/or supporting different SAP components such as SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA, SAP Fiori/Gateway, SAP PO, SAP Business Objects, BW on HANA, SAP Business Suite on HANA etc.
• Experience in
o Broad technical background with knowledge of system sizing and architecture
o Designing and implementing High Availability/DR Solutions for SAP Applications
o Migrating SAP Applications to cloud including SAP Migrations to HANA using tools such as SAP DMO
o Configuring Backup and Recovery for enterprise applications and database in a public, private or hybrid cloud environments
o SAP BASIS administration activities including but not limited to performing transports, landscape and instance maintenance, client copies, system refreshes, system installation, support pack stack upgrades, software release management, problem determination, resolution and incident management.
• Ability to lead conversations with Customers, SAP, SAP Partners, Developers, and Architects
• Must be able to think outside the box and find creative resolutions to complex problems
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Architecting and deploying SAP solutions on at least one hyperscaler (AWS, GCP or Azure)
• Good understanding of platform, network, security and storage components in a cloud environment working with VM Engines, Storage services, Network components such as Load Balancer, VPN etc.
• Ability to engage with the functional teams and drive system performance monitoring, testing and tuning for the SAP products
• Excellent analytical skills and should have a strong sense of ownership, accountability urgency of the requirement of solutions delivery and drive things by working cohesively with the team at client site and off-shore
• Experience in managing and developing high performing global technical teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Steller presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences virtually and publicly.
• Ability to think strategically about business, enterprise software products, and new technology platforms and architectures
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.