Deloitte Life Sciences Commercial Strategy Manager in New York, New York
Life Sciences Commercial Strategy Manager
An evolving customer and regulatory landscape, mounting pipeline of next-gen assets and portfolio pressures, and intensifying competition are presenting new organizational and operational hurdles for Life Sciences companies. These complex market dynamics are requiring new levels of rigor and insight in business strategy development and problem-solving, both domestically and globally.
We are looking for practitioners who will work alongside Life Sciences organizations from bio-technology firms to global big pharma to medical devices, to drive business value through end-to-end delivery of solutions based on strategy development for heart of business issues.
Learn more about Monitor Deloitte and our extensive expertise in Life Sciences .
Work you'll do
Our practice is focused on helping Life Sciences organizations make strategic choices to unlock new growth, elevate the customer experience, drive innovation, and enable competitive advantage. Deloitte's services and solutions provide actionable insights that enable our Life Sciences clients to formulate near- and long-term strategies to address their most pressing issues and provide clear path for implementation.
Typical responsibilities of a Manager could include:
• Design and establish engagement objectives and scope
• Lead team in development of quantitative and/or qualitative analysis (e.g., claims data analysis, market research data) to drive meaningful insights for our Life Sciences clients' biggest challenges
• Develop work plans for strategic engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
• Shape the intellectual agenda of the strategic solution, including design and present deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract and client needs
• Strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results, leverage Deloitte's broad set of advisors to refine and improve insights
• Contribute to the growth and development of junior team members through active feedback and contribution to performance assessments
• Engage and drive meaningful exchange with c-suite clients through structured working sessions and strategic meetings
• Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities with new or existing clients
• Collaborate across Deloitte businesses to bring together strategy, tech, agency
• Help shape future customer strategy offerings and points of view on Life Sciences industry
Customer Strategy & Applied Design
Deloitte's Customer Strategy and Applied Design practice serves as the strategy and experience arm of our Customer and Marketing portfolio of offerings.
Spanning the domains of customer experience, marketing strategy, commercial transformation and innovation/design, our team brings the insight and industry perspective to shape client agendas in the face of disruption. Our team is a diverse array of business strategists, operations experts, designers and technologists passionate about partnering with clients to create customer-centered experiences and solutions in the market.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
• 6+ years of professional experience, including 4+ years Life Sciences industry and/or 1-2+ years' operating as a manager in a consulting environment
• Ability to lead engagements focused on multiple workstreams to solve for large, complex client challenges
• Ability to lead small, diverse teams, including through influence across matrix
• Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills
• Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
• Limited sponsorship may be available
• Demonstrated interest in Life Sciences ecosystem strategic challenges, e.g. medical, pharmaceutical, health care delivery or insurance, regulatory, policy issues
• Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
• Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, including quantitative, statistical or medical/pharmacy research interest
• Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles
• Exceptional interpersonal, team building and communication skills
• PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
• Ability to own deliverables
• Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.