Deloitte Human Capital Program Delivery Lead in New York, New York
Are you a natural leader with a passion to dig in and pioneer new technology-enabled methods and processes for some of the largest corporate entities in the world? Our team works on the cutting-edge building and delivering the next generation of HR applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best individuals who thrive on what's possible.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below.
Work You'll Do
Project Delivery Lead, Senior Consultant you will bring strong and in-depth functional and project management solutions to clients with a focus on achieving a high level of performance and quality, and delivery of both agile and traditional projects that provide exceptional business value to users. Our projects are both large and complex. You will have the technical foundation and knowledge to work with a core group of technology professionals. You will:
• Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
• Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies
• Manage small teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures. Your background in technology will give you the foundation to manage these streams but also understand the technology
• Manage several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment potentially crossing multiple business divisions
• Use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach suitable for planning and managing the effort
• Coach members of the team as needed to optimize efficiency of the project team
• Create and develop project scope and schedule. Plan and assign resources to associated tasks and deliverables
• Monitor progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions
• Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, as defined in the change management plan
• Identify high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints. Implement approved actions and workarounds to minimize the impact of risks on the project
• Develop and maintain communication with key project stakeholders and decision makers
Human Capital as a Service
The Human Capital AMS/Operate team brings together our products and capabilities into one integrated offering to create sustained relationships with our clients. Human Capital as Asset group will continue to evaluate and incorporate new products and operate services in our portfolio as we grow.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.)
Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as strong knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
5+ years of relevant management consulting or industry experience
3+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment working on custom software development-related projects
3+ years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint
A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively
Excellent organizational skills - must be able to multi-task
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
Must live near, or relocate to, Gilbert, AZ; Laker Mary, FL; or Mechanicsburg, PA
Limited Immigration Sponsorship may be available
Experience leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com
Experience participating in the testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platforms
Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting technical requirements
Experience working with and managing onshore, offshore and remote teams
Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies
PMP certification is strongly preferred
Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.