Deloitte Senior Consultant, Global Trade Advisory in New Orleans, Louisiana
Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100? Would you like to join one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in effectively managing global trade decisions and obligations, and providing strategic significance to a company's global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the world in our world!
What you'll do
As a Senior on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will participate in engagements requiring regulatory analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. You will work with U.S. and multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives. You will also have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies.
• Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions to enable international trade management operations.
• Helping importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
• Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
• Planning and compliance assistance, and exploration of automated import and export solutions.
• Supply chain efficiency planning including trade and security, customs valuation planning, first sale for export planning, and the analysis of transfer pricing policies to work toward compliance with customs valuation requirements.
• Process improvement planning and implementation assistance.
• Trade compliance audit assistance and representation before trade authorities around the world.
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies, compliance, and trade automation. The Global Trade Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
• 2+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
• Bachelor's degree in a legal, business or technology related field
• Experience with U.S. import regulations
• Knowledge of export regulations including ITAR/EAR
• Travel up to 50% (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
• Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
• Licensed Attorney
• Enrolled Agent
• US Customs Broker License
• Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
• Other certifications upon approval
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Big 4 experience
• Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
• Knowledge of non-U.S. import/export controls
• Data management and analysis experience
• Foreign language skills
• Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export compliance
• Demonstrated interest in international trade or international business
• Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and project management skills
• Familiarity with global trade management software
• Software aptitude in PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, Excel, and/or Visio
• SAP SD/MM Certifications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.