Deloitte Crisis Management Consultant in New Orleans, Louisiana
Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and thrives on anticipating the unexpected? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand that embracing risk can drive performance. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory's Strategic Risk practice.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant within our practice you will:
• Help clients enhance their strategic risk awareness in the areas of enterprise risk management (ERM), geospatial analytics, crisis management and grants management
• Facilitate use of technology-based risk assessment tools or methodologies to review, design and implement solutions
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
• Identify, assess, prioritize, mitigate, and monitor enterprise risks
• Leverage statistics and modeling for forecasting, risk identification
• Interact with C-Suite executives around risk issues and the highest levels of the organization
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping GPS initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the GPS marketplace.
Our Strategic Risk Team provides analysis and assessment of critical risk factors that can impact our GPS client's operations and overall environment. We help our clients navigate these complex risk factors in the areas of enterprise risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, and grants management.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence or related field
• 0-1+ year of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas - risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, or grants management
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Ability to obtain & maintain the required security clearance
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Ability to integrate government operation models of governing policies, procedures, internal controls, strategic planning, and enterprise risk management
• Reporting data for management and decision-making
• Experience with business development
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Psychology, English or other related degrees
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.