Deloitte Advisory - Tech Assurance/IT Audit Senior Consultant in New Orleans, Louisiana
Ready for a fast-paced exciting career? Have a passion for helping your clients reduce risk and increase value? As a Senior Consultant in Deloitte's Assurance practice, you'll provide our clients with specialized audit analytics and internal control services related to financial reporting. You'll also help them navigate the complexities, risks and opportunities in their "extended enterprises" by proactively managing and monitoring risks presented by third party relationships.
Work you'll do
• Identify and evaluate complex technology and business risks and internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
• Advise in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offering for industry projects.
• Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
• Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to analyze, design, and/or implement products and services
• Play a substantive or lead role in engagement planning, economics, and billing
• Understand client's business environments and basic risk management approaches.
Our specialists understand the dynamics of serving complex, global clients across multiple industries, and the importance of increasing transparency around business performance. We provide specialized audit analytics and internal control services for external audit clients and other services for financial reporting. To further exploit opportunities and mitigate the risks presented by different markets, we also work with clients to navigate complexities, risks and opportunities presented by third-party relationships. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Assurance practice.
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or related field
• 3+ years of related experience within professional services, external audit or IT audit
• Demonstrated experience auditing general computer controls and IT control testing of applications, operating systems, and databases.
• Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments
• Experience identifying controls, developing and executing test plans
• Demonstrated ability to write report segments and to participate in presentations
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or COSO
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• MBA or Masters in Accounting or Information Systems
• CPA, CISA or CISSP
• SAP or Oracle controls experience
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.