Deloitte Consulting Program Program Management - Manager CBO - AMI in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Application Modernization & Innovation Program Management - Manager
Are you a talented professional focused on planning, executing and monitoring both Agile and traditional project teams ? Are you a resourceful problem solver who thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective solutions? As a Project Management/Functional Manager, you will help client's set-up, manage and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems working with a world-class team of technology professionals from Deloitte Consulting.
Work you'll do
As a Manager you will bring considerable Functional and Project Management solutions to clients.
• Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
• Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
• Manage several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment potentially crossing multiple business divisions.
• Use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach suitable for planning and managing the effort .
• Coach members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
• Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
• Develop and maintain relationships with top decision-makers at key clients.
• Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process.
• Contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
• Maintain an inclusive team-oriented work environment and play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior practitioner within the organization.
Application Modernization & Innovation
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering.
Project Management Managers are required to have:
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment .
• 8 + years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering systems .
• 5+ years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment .
• 2+ years EPMO (Enterprise Program Management Office) experience with global clients .
• 3 + years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint .
• 5 + years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center .
• 5 + years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives .
• A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Limited Immigration Sponsorship may be available.
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background:
• Experience of projects involving solution development based on cloud (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS), web or mobile application architecture .
• Experience in leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or Force.com.
• Experience or passion for leading testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
• E xperience with agile tools such as Rally and Jira.
• Experience leading teams in a collaborative environment.
• E xperience managing work planning, monitoring, and reporting.
• Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting requirements.
• Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes.
• Experience with industry-standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies.
• Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• PMP certification is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred .
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience .
• An advanced degree in an area of specialization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.