Deloitte Advisory Manager - Mergers and Acquisitions Financial Due Diligence in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Are you looking to capitalize on your assurance and technical accounting experience in a fast -paced and dynamic deal environment? Deloitte M&A Services is the recognized marketplace leader among large professional services firms in providing merger, acquisition, and divestiture services to corporate strategic buyers and private equity investors. We work with clients on the full range of deal execution issues, including due diligence, tax and accounting structuring, merger integration and post transaction considerations. Our multi-disciplinary approach combines M&A, industry and other function specialists to provide fact-based answers and objective feedback geared to minimizing risk and increasing returns.
Work you'll do
As a technical expert with deep exposure to accounting issues and reporting requirements, you will research and work with M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, leases, intangibles and financial instruments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to directly deliver highly valued service to clients through working on a diverse array of M&A engagements. You will -
• Demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate business, industry, financial, accounting to tax risk related transactions
• Identify potential "deal breakers", industry, country, and deal-specific risks and opportunities
• Evaluate targets' historical and projected earnings and cash flows; hidden contingencies, commitments, and tax exposures; as well as quality of assets and internal control structure
• Review and comment on financial, accounting, and tax considerations in investment models, bank finance agreements and public debt offering documents
• Assist in structuring purchase price adjustment mechanisms and other relevant projections in stock purchase agreements
• Identify integration and post-transaction transition issues
• Assist with divestiture strategy, planning, and execution
An in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets - this includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Mergers and Acquisition practice.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 + years of US GAAP Accounting experience
• While unpredictable and last minute travel up to 40% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• CPA, CA certification
• Masters in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• Audit experience with large public accounting firm
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.