Deloitte Tax Consultant Intern (JD) (Summer 2024, Winter 2025) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
We are looking for highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers to join our tax team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment, you may be the right fit for our tax internship program. During the internship, you will gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this exciting and rewarding career. You will receive mentorship and guidance from our tax professionals and have the opportunity to help develop solutions to complex tax issues through researching tax law, using cutting edge technology, and consulting with other team members.
Work you will do
As a Deloitte Tax intern, you will work with diverse and talented teams to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. You will collaborate daily with our tax team to perform research and analysis and utilize your consultative skills to turn findings into actionable solutions. During your internship, you will assist with strategic tax planning, including researching tax law and drafting technical memos and opinions and preparing business and individual federal and state income and other tax returns and forms.
At Deloitte Tax, our people provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business' efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• Currently pursuing a JD degree with an undergraduate degree
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Bar exam eligibility before beginning full-time employment
• Ability to travel up to 25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• The start date for this position will be in Summer 2024 or Winter 2025
• An undergraduate degree in accounting or taxation
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. previous work experience, internships, summer positions)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.