Deloitte Tax Consultant Intern (Accounting) (Winter 2024) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tax Consultant Intern
We're looking for highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers to join our tax consulting team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for our tax internship program. During the internship, you'll gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with this exciting and rewarding career. You'll receive mentorship and guidance from our tax professionals and have the opportunity to help develop solutions to complex tax issues through research, use of cutting edge technology, and consultation with other team members.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Tax intern, you'll work with diverse and talented teams to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. You will collaborate daily with our tax team to perform research and analysis, and utilize your consultative skills to turn findings into actionable solutions. During your internship you'll interact with multiple clients, providing you exposure to a variety of organizations and a stronger understanding of applicable tax implications for different clients.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business' efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• Currently pursuing a degree Bachelor of Science/Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• CPA exam eligibility preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Ability to perform job responsibilities within in a hybrid work model that requires US Tax professionals to co-locate in person 2 - 3 days per week
• The start date for this position will be in Fall 2023, Winter 2024
• Technology-related coursework highly desirable
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York state, and Washington state and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $25 to $48.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.