Deloitte Foresight Manager, Office for the Future in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Foresight Manager, Office for the Future
Part of Deloitte LLP, the Office for the Future team actively supports the future-proofing of the Deloitte US firm. We are a small group of passionate leaders that desire to help Deloitte evolve toward a market making business solutions firm as well as a market taking professional services firm, while actively creating markets that address human centric ecosystems and societal issues.
Driven by clearly identifiable dynamics, Deloitte's marketplace is changing profoundly. We must therefore now accelerate our transition from being the leading professional services firm, successfully optimized to take markets that are created by exogenous forces - to become a leading business solutions firm designed also to make new markets, often in collaboration with other future shaping companies.
Our Office for the Future team helps catalyze, inform and facilitate this journey of change. We are committed to helping equip Deloitte leaders with the narratives, business logic, evidence, conviction and new options to truly transform our business. And to accompany and enable them to excel in their critical role as responsible stewards of our Partnership.
Our work is organized in three programs:
• Horizon Three, "Future of ..."
• Momentum and Capability Building
• New Options for Re-Design of Our Business
Work You'll Do:
As a Foresight Manager, you will be a team member of Deloitte LLP's Office for the Future, a small team of foresight professionals responsible for helping Deloitte leaders to future-proof our business. You will support a variety of activities, which could include: "Future of..." industry and cross-industry programs in which our team works together with Deloitte leaders to develop and shape a perspective on the 2030 future; capability building activities, such as developing foresight tools and methodologies and helping to train practitioners across Deloitte on these capabilities; and supporting various discussions, working sessions with senior leaders of Deloitte to generate new options for re-design of our business. Our portfolio of work will evolve and adapt over time, depending on the level of need in various parts of Deloitte.
• Support development of Deloitte's "Future of..." perspectives through
• Designing and delivering foresight workshops with key leaders across Deloitte
• Conducting external research and participate in discussions to help frame up critical issues
• Supporting content development workshops
• Developing presentations and writing reports that capture Deloitte's perspectives about the future
• Collaborating with various groups across Deloitte to support these activities (e.g., practitioners, industry leaders, Research & Insights, Greenhouse, Innovation, etc.)
• Support the project and stakeholder management of these programs
• Support the training of practitioners across Deloitte on the Fast Forward scenario generation methodology and toolkit
• Participate in discussions and support activities to generate new options for re-design of our business - this may include workshop design, content creation, ideation, etc.
• Contribute your thought leadership and perspectives - this means actively sharing your views, connecting dots across various domains, including your experiences outside Deloitte, when appropriate
• Bachelor's degree
• 4-5+ years of experience in a strategic role, preferably working with top strategy consultancy
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Systems thinking skills (able to connect dots across different concepts to generate new insights)
• Ability to think orthogonally to prevailing views and comfort with challenging orthodoxies
• Ability to think creatively and apply logical structuring to complex problems
• Ability to identify and synthesize disparate sets of information, extract insights, and articulate implications
• Outstanding analytical (qualitative and quantitative), research, and presentation skills
• Familiarity with growth and expansion strategies and/or scenario/trend analysis helpful
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills, including ability to develop collaborative peer relationships across different parts of Deloitte
• Strong technical skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and supporting technologies like Teams and Zoom)
• Professionalism, maturity, energy for driving change, curiosity, creativity and empathy are all key attributes for success
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.