Deloitte Back-End Java Developer in Miami, Florida
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Java Developer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise .
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• Bachelor's in Sciencein Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalentwork experience
• 3+yearshands onsoftware development experience - specifically developing web applications and client/serverapplications
• Hands on experience developing web applications utilizing JAVA Enterprise Edition (J2EE), XML, or Web Services at an enterpriselevel
• 3+yearsof experience in web based development using Java/J2EE technologies, creating and consuming REST APIs and working on Hibernate.
• Experience using a test-first development approach to integrate JUnit testing and JaCoCo /Sonarqube code coverage reporting into the Jenkins build process.
• Experience with deployment tools to package and deploy components
• Experience in both designing and developing platform components using Java Web Services, JWS/JAX, and Component Based Architectures.
• Database persistence framework experience using JDBC, JPA, JNDI and data source configuration.
• Ability to develop UML artifact
• 3+yearsof experience writing SQL/Functions/Procedures in transactional database systems
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.) Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.