Deloitte Full Time Tax Consultant (Accounting) (Summer/Fall 2024, Winter 2025) in Memphis, Tennessee
Full Time Tax Consultant
Managing taxes is a critical part of an effective business strategy. As a tax consultant, you'll join our team of talented tax professionals to help clients analyze the tax effect of complex decisions, reduce overall tax rates, and pursue performance objectives. We're looking for people who are highly-motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for the role.
Work you'll do
As a tax consultant, you will work directly with clients, building a relationship as a trusted tax specialist and advisor - the "go-to" tax professional. You will collaborate daily as part of high-performing teams, developing solutions to complex tax issues through research, use of cutting edge technology, and consultation with other team members. Daily tasks may include researching tax regulations, understanding the applicable tax implications for specific clients and making recommendations based on your findings. You will commonly work with multiple clients at the same time, providing you exposure to a variety of organizations and a stronger understanding of applicable tax implications for different clients.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business' efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
• Bachelor of Science/Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• CPA exam eligibility before beginning full-time employment
• Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
•No limitation on sponsorship
• The start date for this position will be in Summer/Fall 2024 or Winter 2025
• Technology-related coursework highly desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.