Deloitte Sr. Systems Engineer in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Sr. Systems Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel?
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do
The Sr. Systems Engineer will assist in the development of major features and implementations, including helping to design the architecture for those features. They will be engineering, testing, documenting, and helping to ensure successful deployment of that code. Reviewing pull requests from other engineers will be commonplace, as will pair programming and other light mentorship duties. Our product and technical leaders collaborate frequently with engineers and will expect them to provide insightful feedback on the process, architecture, implementation, and quality of the product. Finally, troubleshooting issues in a timely manner is critical to ensuring the stability of the platform and our client implementations.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust security clearance
• 5+ experience in Systems Engineering
• 5+ years of experience analyzing and proposing target state architecture
• 5+ years' experience working on an embedded team with developers, testers, and business owners to elaborate on requirements, and document solution designs
• 5+ years' experience completing AoAs for architectural designs as well as different technologies to achieve proposed designs
• 5+ years with the following frameworks: Spring Core/Security/Batch, Hibernate, Log4J, and Apache Commons, Apache Camel, Angular JS/React
• 4+ years of experience documenting test results to be presented to client leadership for Go/No-Go decision-making purposes)
• 2+ years of experience with engineering in Web Applications
• 2+ plus years' experience with inputs to the Interface Control Document (ICD) documentation to Enterprise standards as required by Solutions Engineering
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Mathematics, Engineering or business-related field
• Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with both technical and functional resources
• Affinity for learning new technology and create problem solving with it
• Well organized and able to work independently
• Affinity for learning new programming languages, tools, and applications
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.