Deloitte Sr. Java Developer - Operations Team Deputy Lead - Senior Solution Specialist in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Java Developer-Operations Team Deputy Lead- Senior Solution Specialist
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Java Developer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below...
Work you'll do
• Integrated Eligibility prior experience is an advantage to perform the role/responsibilities.
• Responsible for supporting and leading project tasks.
• Identifies key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and proposing solutions
• Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making
• Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
• Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
• Manages work to work plans for components on engagements
• May independently own a work stream, reviewing, and potentially directing the work of more junior staff
• Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
• Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
• Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
Our Human Services Transformation team works to help transform how our Government and Public Services clients deliver their services to customers across a variety of channels such as walk-in, mail-in, call center, and self-service applications.
We deliver large, complex systems development and transformation projects to Human Service agencies at the federal, state, and local government level enabling us to collaborate with clients who serve those most in need. Budget constraints paired with increased demand for human services have challenged our clients to find efficiencies, do "more with less," and rethink the way they deliver services.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
• 6+ years of experience with Java Development
• Experience with J2EE Framework components such as Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Logging mechanism (ex. Log4J), Transaction Management and Thread Management
• Experience with an application server such as WebSphere or RedHat Jboss
• 6+ years of experience writing SQL/Functions/Procedures in transactional database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
• 6+ years of knowledge on MVC framework like Spring/Struts/Grails and ORM tools such as Hibernate, MyBatis
• Good understanding of developing Web-services and spring batch development
• Understanding of build and deployment process and tools like Maven, ANT /Cruise Control
o Experience in Agile methodology and tools such as Bamboo, BitBucket, Fisheye, eclipse
• Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
• Team lead experience
• Roughly 90-95% hands-on coding
• Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Must live a commutable distance to or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA; Gilbert, AZ.
• Must be in your designated office location 10%-30% of each work week
• Certifications in system administration, system architecture, virtualization or cloud technologies preferred.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.
• Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.