Deloitte Senior Java Spring Boot Developer in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer intechnology? Are you aroll-up-your-sleevesJAVADeveloperwho wantsbe part of acollaborative environment? A leader who can incorporate new ideas in athink-tank and share new ideas with your colleagues?If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
• Manage development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Lead teams to provide high performance code reviews and troubleshoot all software development issues
• Consult clients and consulting teams on most relevant tools/techniques to solve client issues and exceed client requirements
• Understand the benefits of process methodologies in conjunction with specific software application tools to enhance client environment
• Plan, manage, and lead projects teams to deliver solutions in accordance to service level agreements
• Manage, organize, and maintain goals established for project deliverables
• Develop solutions to client problems via use of methodologies and software application tools, as well as being a subject matter expert on those solutions
• Demonstrate accountability to successfully realize client goals
OurGovernment & Public Sector Systems Engineeringteam delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Government & Public Sector Systems Engineeringprofessionalsfocus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Bachelor’ degree or equivalentrelevantwork experience
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to translate technical software solutions to non-technical clients
• 7 years of Java development in the AWS Cloud environment
• 5 years of development experience using the following: Enterprise JavaBeans, Spring Boot, Spring Web Services, Java Spring Framework
• Experience with JSON, XML, RESTful, Jenkins on Oracle and Linux environments
• Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
• AWS Management Services experience (CloudWatch, ELB, EC2 autoscaling, CloudTrail and AWS Config), AWS Workspaces, and AWS Directory Services
• Experience fully managing AWS IAM in large cloud and virtualized environments.
• Strong knowledge with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Must be willing and able to obtain a US Public Trust security clearance
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Must currently live in or be willing to relocate to the Lake Mary, FL or Mechanicsburg, PA area
• Must be willing to travel up to 20% (while 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.