Deloitte Secret Cleared IT PM in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Systems Engineering – Solution Manager - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system’s professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Technical SME you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000 professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• Supporting Data Migration, Circuit Tracking, and other technical initiatives
• Serve as a Data Migration/Conversion Analyst for a large, complex DoD project.
• Creating a Data Migration and Conversion Plan and strategy
• Performing data mapping for systems integration, data provisioning, and data consumption
• Documenting metadata, data lineage, data definitions and business glossary entries
• Handling basic data transformation tasks such as date and decimal formatting, rounding of numeric values, and conversion of numeric values to percentages.
• Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Developing ad hoc briefings, charts, data visualizations, meeting materials, etc.
• Identifying and proposing viable technology solutions to meet client needs
• Developing data migration and conversion specifications, test scripts and templates required to complete data conversion activities
• Establishing a process to reconcile and report on converted data
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Support scoping and estimation of data migration projects
• Leverage intelligence data migration methodology to execute data migration projects
• Leverage processes and tools to execute data migration consistently with quality
• Responsible for the management of the data migration task lists and update the plan
• Monitor and report key metrics to the PMO and to the data practice in a periodic manner
• Ensure execution of data migration tasks in a timely manner
• Ensure issue resolution is done in a proper manner and completed on-time
• Manage dependencies between the project milestone dates and data migration due dates
• Active Secret Clearance
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.